The Armon Ayura is an arm support, especially designed for those who only have limited strength in their arms and hands, or for those that can only use their muscular strength for a limited time.
This can be the result of a spinal cord injury, RSI /CANS,cerebral infarction,or one of the many muscular diseases. The device compensates the full weight of the arm by a spring compensation system. The compensation is easy to adjust. The device follows the natural movement of the user. This allows the arm to move easily in all directions.
The arm support distinguishes itself from similar products because unlike many other products, the user keeps the control. The user makes the movement and not the device.
What does the Armon Ayura have to offer?
The Armon makes sure that the user can perform daily operations and activities with much less muscle strength and energy.
Armon Ayura promotes to:
- Eat and drink
- Shake hands
- To carry out activities of daily living such as combing hair or washing your face
- Grab something high or low
The Armon Ayura is designed from the user wishes. The Armon Ayura is sleek and discrete when mounted on the wheelchair. The device’s dimension do not exceed the wheelbase of the wheelchair and the arm support is easy to remove. The arm support is also splashproof.
- More ability to perform daily activities
- More independence
- Easy to remove from the seat
- Self-compensation mechanism on and off
- The degree of compensation set itself
- Large working range
- Beautifull design
- Splashproof performed
The Armon Ayura arm support can also overcompensate: The arm can be raised automatically by compensate more than 100% of the total weight. The users do not have to do it themselves. By reducing the degree of compensation, the arm will sink down automatically. It is also possible to turn off the compensation completely.
The Armon Ayura is suitable for the following situations/diseases:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA)
- Progressive spinal muscular atrophy (PSMA)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Becker myotonia (BM)
- Becker muscular dystrophy (Becker)
- Duchenne muscular dystrophy (Duchenne)
- Limb-girdle muscular dystrophy (LGD)
- Myasthenia gravis (MG)
- After breast surgery
- After a stroke
- Spinal cord injury
Properties of the Ayura arm support:
- Suitable for both left and right handed users
- The brace (the part where the forearm rests) is available in different sizes
- Functionality combined with design
- The movement of the Ayura can be locked in any position.
This makes it easier to perform certain activities and operations like brushing teeth or any other activity where the arm has to stay in a fixed position.
- Modular construction, the Armon Ayura can be adjusted to the current state of the user
- Compensates of 0,9 till 4,5 Kg.
- Armon Ayura Light available; compensates of 0,6 till 2,5 Kg (for children)
- Wireless control possible
- Robust housing